Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Now I know that I should not try to make anything beyond my desi (Indian) cuisine. Well ya…My Tiramisu attempt yesterday was a failure…Again!!!

Armed with all the Correct ingredients I started the process yet again…for fifteen minutes I toiled alone and then Girish (it was supposed to be a surprise)…joined in and helped me with the rest…We laid the layers…dipped the ladyfingers in the coffee liqueur…laid the mascarpone cheese mixture… It was all ready…Looked perfect with the cocoa topping…

That was until we ate it…We got a little enthusiastic about our Dipping…The whole thing smelled of Coffee Liqueur…strong…One bite and I was parched for the rest of the night…Girish got drunk over two small helpings…he complained it was bitter but still ate it…”as long there is alcohol,” he said…

Alas! My Tiramisu…stays in the fridge…alone…I don’t think we will ever revisit it before it visits the trash…But my mind is made up…I will perfect the art of making the perfect Tiramisu and overcome my culinary difficulties…

Asta la Vista Tiramisu…or maybe not!

3 comments:

Trevor Penn said...

For the glutton that i am, it is a shame that i never knew what Tiramisu is... So, after i read your post, i did a little *googling* and realised that it is the perfect desert to get you stoked... best wishes with your endeavors... If i were around, i would have been a very willing guinea pig :)

Anu Russell said...

Great! I left the Tiramisu open in the fridge and the alcohol content seems to have reduced...My friend Shannon thought it was perfect and Girish has been eating 'Two Pegs' of Tiramisu every night after dinner...Total Time Pass! So I am happy that it did not touch dust.

Trevor Penn said...

Your Tiramisu is the second coming of hyderabadi biryani i say... in the sense that, it tastes better the second day... Also, all is forgotten when alcohol beckons... so, i'm not surprised that your dish is a surprise hit :D