Pages

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Vagaries of Parking

I used go to Wal-Mart or any other store pretty often with or without G before Babs was born. Once she was born, G took care of all the shopping and I took care of the house work...we had to share chores...carrying Babs around everywhere was not an option, other than for parties, of course.

So once in a while when I do get out and go shopping I have issues parking. Like yesterday, I have three parties coming up and three gifts to buy, so I went to Wal-Mart. First I drove around trying to find a close-to-entrance parking and could not find anything. Then when I was about to give up, I find the first parking right across from the entrance...Bazinga! I pulled in, proud and happy smiley face, got out and went in.

I did not come out for the next hour and half. With my left knee in brace I walked through every single aisle and finally walked out with what I wanted. Pushing the massive cart around, I forgot where I had parked. As my car stared at me, I walked into the parking aisle, far down, only to turn back and run to my close-to-the-entrance spot. Now the happy smiley face was not there. I might as well have parked far away to start with instead of doing the slow drive of shame.

And this is not the first time it has happened to me!

Love
A confused ART

2 comments:

Megha Bansal said...

Been there and do that every time almost!

Anu Russell said...

ISN'T IT ANNOYING?!