Pages

Monday, August 04, 2008

What a weekend that was!

Hmm...on second thoughts...it was a simple weekend with very little surprises, some fun, some excitement, and a little bit of sadness...

On Saturday morning Girish and I decided that it was high time we got ourselves updated with technology and pick up a DVR from TWC's office...it was long overdue...say about two years...everytime we wanted to do it we would procrastinate it...but then on Saturday night there was the Rafa Vs. Nole game that G did not want to miss...especially since our friend S had invited us for dinner...G was sitting and fussing about how he was going to miss the game and it was the perfect opportunity for me...grabbed him and threw him into the car with our old cable box...and after about two trips to TWC's office, frustrated, excited...all in one...we had our DVR...up and working!!! YAY! So now it is on full load with Iron Chef America, Food Network Challenges, Tennis, House Hunters...you name it and we have it!!! There is the surprise part for the weekend!

Saturday night was a fun get-together at our friend's S's house...her parents are leaving for India next weekend and so they decided to have all of us over for an amazing time with great food and the best company we could ask for...there was singing, loads of chatting, time pass-ing...etc...good time....and there is the fun part for the weekend!

Then the dreadful tennis game we had recorded on our DVR...it was sad...seeing Rafa (now No. 1 finally after 158 weeks of No.2) loosing sadly to Nole...I was torn...I hated seeing Rafa loose...but felt happy for Nole...dang! A little sadness there.

Then for the excitement part
...Baboo was in the pool...we lathered her up with loads of Aquaphor and then took her to the pool...she was in her float and the ten minutes or so she spent there...she did not seem too happy...she was a little tensed...but we thoroughly enjoyed exposing her to yet another new thing...

BTW, baboo now says words like Ball, Baa boo, she puts out her tongue everytime G says Wassuppp (like the Budweiser ad), and is ready to repeat anything we say...though it does not come out the same way...but she tries real hard...

And then it was sad...because Nole lost to Murray...now that is sad...This time I was upset...in the past few weeks or rather months...I am getting used to either one of my favorites win the tournaments...but this was a blow to me...I really don't care too much for Murray...like Roddick I always felt that he was over rated...but he went on to defeat Nole...that is not a good sign...especially not before US Open...I hope I don't have to sit through another of these sad days...

Anyways...just made up the list yest...Rafa, Fed, Nole...is my preference order...So hopefully one of them makes it to the finals and wins the US Open...BTW now we also have TTC in our house...which me double the tennis fun!!!

Tata till I blog again :)

No comments: