Pages

Monday, August 25, 2008

A Weekend that was...

On Saturday I casually started cleaning the house when Babbi and MIL took a nap...I was halfway done with cleaning the floor and then our master bathroom when G offered to help me. I told him that our closet needed some checking in on as it was bursting with his clothes...in an instant he got into the mood of cleaning (mind you this happens only once in a year) and we were out and out on it full fledged...Finally our cramped up apartment has space...really...the closets have empty room for me to load things into, it has an open feeling to it and my heart brims with pride when I see the clarity some of the old spaces have achieved...

I will agree that I am a packrat. I had loads of boxes, loosely packed with completely useless things in it. I wonder why I had carried them with me all the way from K-State. I don't know and it took a lot of angry words from G before I got rid of them...but I managed to save a whole box of CD's I did not want to get rid of though I know that they will be obsolete in a couple of years, they are now up in one of the closets with a tag, "CD's-to be thrown out," neatly written in G's ugly handwriting.

But on the whole, the weekend was fab considering we spent half of Sunday also in cleaning. I have asked G to break his usual routine and help me do some organization one more weekend in this calendar year...

Weekend was Krishna Jayanthi...that's what we south Indian's call it...some people also call it Janmasthami...so we dressed up a sick Babbi in Krishna's dress and took some pix. When I get the pix done professionally I will upload some here...I also managed to do some Pesalapappu Payasam and of course Krishna's favorite Veg Puffs (well since all the guests liked it, I am sure it is Krishna's new favorite)...both a hit...also my sambar came out amazing...I was very happy as I finished my day with the brilliance of a never before and never ever Grand Finale and closing ceremony of 2008 summer Olympics in China...Absolutely loved it...

This is my honest opinion, I know that many are coming up with conspiracy theory on how China Cgi-ed the whole fireworks during the opening ceremony and all that...and how the whole ceremony looked so orchestrated and how the participants all looked stressed and not happy etc, etc, etc,...We can go on, but the point is...this was by far the most exciting opening ceremony I have ever seen and will ever see...not just me but for generations ahead too...No other country would shell out $40+ billions on an event such as Olympics...but China did, whatever the ulterior motive and against all the comparisonm was definitely spectacular...every show they put on had a surprise factor to it. There were things that you have never imagined seeing done before...the scroll, the painting on the scroll by agile artists, the perfect circles and shapes they formed were all so well done...I could only cry at the effort each of them standing on the ground that day would have put into it. For all you know they had no choice but to do what they did...but please do not take the credit away from them. Each and everyone of them deserve the credit and more from everyone who saw it...

It is not right to sit here in our comfortable A/C houses and offices to ward off saying that China cheated, China did this and that...they put in some effort that no other country could, can, or will so whatever they want to do henceforth...we will wait to see...but lets compliment them for what they did...it is ok to say that someone else has done a better job and it is also okay to try to better them next time and stop trying to find faults...once again all this is my humble opinion and I don't care what anyone else thinks...thanks.

With that said...

Ciao :)

3 comments:

Megha Bansal said...

Hahaha...very smart! I am frowning at the subtlety. But like we discussed, this is good :D

Yeaayyy..your closets are set..now come help me!!! lol. Good Job.

Ash said...

Hey maybe you guys could become professional organizers :) I'll donate my closet & garage to help you build up your portfolio.

Anu Russell said...

Sure why not...can help you figure your closet out...but you have to promise to find out the one day a year when Girish can do household stuff!