Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Thursday, December 8th

Too many things happened over the last few days and next few days. Yesterday I had to undergo a Pre-Makeup session at Lakme. Gosh it was awesome. I was there from 10.30 through 4.30...a little hungry at the end of it...But who cares...It was Ah-mazing...

Mom and I got our facials done, hand done, and hair did...I also got waxed and toned for the Reception exercise. Total time pass. Later we went to shop for small items in Pondy Bazaar and also had lunch there at Saravana Bhavan.

We bought the Temple jewelry at a Kerala Fashion Store. We also went to GRT again to do some last minute gold and silver shopping and realized that they had messed up our kuthuvilaku order. They promised to give us an upgrade for a lesser cost and more silver weight and also deliver it to our home...Thanks to mom's friend Karthik (from Villivakkam) there. We also picked up some silver we had given for polishing and then Thameem and I were off to pick up my Ghagra and the blouse I had given at Jothee's to be stitched.

At Jothee's it was fun...Minor adjustments had to be done...But all was well. I have to mention here about the lady tailor at Jothee's...She was a diva. To get something stitched from her we had to beg and wait for more than 20 minutes each time putting up with her tantrums and attitudes. But whatever it was...We were happy with the finished product.

Later Thameem decided to take me to a fancy restaurant as he had not taken me to one since my landing in Chennai and we decided to go to Mainland China at Quality Inn Aruna off Sterling Road junction. But for Priya who was in office wear both me and Thameem were in street clothes. We were totally dressed down and all the more embarrassed to see others so well dressed and stylish. Anyhoo, as usual we ordered too many appetizer and hardly touched any maincourse. I was amazed to see how the spending power of people has increased in Chennai...College girls coming with friends to eat in a restaurant where each item is more than Rs.300. And yeah! We saw Director Bharathiraja here...

By the time I went home it was almost eleven and dad was waiting at the gate as they lock the gate due to petty thieves in the colony. I was so tired that I slept as soon as my head rested on the pillow anticipating longer days to follow...

No comments: