Pages

Monday, October 13, 2008

Dandiya...

Last weekend...on Oct 11...there was the last night of Dandiya celebrations in Dallas...few of my girlfriends and I had decided that we would go for it...we put in some major enthu into the discussions that ranged from clothes to how much fun we were going to have...

Come Saturday...I got a call from SV asking what time we were going to meet up to which I said I need to talk to MG...the dandiya started at 8.30pm and we were discussing about meeting times at 5.30pm.

I called MG...we again discussed what we were going to wear and who was going to pick whom up and what time we were going to meet. We were excited...I called on another friend and she was the first to drop out of the plan claiming to have caught the LAZY!!! I also call SC...who said that he will either go Dandiya with us or come to our house and play cards instead...so there it was just MG and me...because SV also claimed she got SICK and backed out...

Then MG calls me back in an hour and tells me, "Anu, somehow I don't get the vibe you are totally interested to go..." I told her...ya...because now from a gang we have been reduced to just you and I...what fun is Dandiya when you have to go and join other's gang while typically others begged to join our totally happening group!

So MG came to the conclusion that somehow we are not young any more...she is married, I have a kid...and we are not fully into doing things that was the most important thing to us a few years ago...guess we have matured...moved on to doing higher things...being it spending time with the husband, his family, and the kid...that is what we are all about now...

We are still fun to spend time together...but when it comes to clubbing or going out past dinner time is now a "let me see if I can make it" thingy...hopefully this does not lead anyone to the other conclusion that "we are boring" now that we are committed to different things in life...you should really see how much fun we had at Preeti-Sheetal Engagement party or at SC's dinner party...we are still fun ok...

I think once Babbi is about 3-4 years...I will get back on track! Till then y'all wait...

Love
ART

4 comments:

Megha Bansal said...

hahha, great post!!!
and to set the record straight. we're not old! by no means.
we just like different things now! right? ;)

Anu Russell said...

Totally...not a year old...just 18 and getting younger!!!

Trevor Penn said...

**Preeti-Sheetal Engagement party

which one's the guy? ;-)

Anu Russell said...

Shank...

you crack me up...Both Preeti and Sheetal are engaged to their respective fiance's...and we threw a common engagement party...

I think I should have worded that different...else it does cause some sort of a confusion!!! hehehe

Thanks for being attentive ;)