Pages

Thursday, April 23, 2009

What nots...

I should really start writing more often. I gain tempo and then things change and I loose momentum again. I should get a grip on the way I post things...I should probably do a Friday post every week before I sign off. Anyway, let me plan at getting everything organized.

I should also start twittering more. I really have these thoughts that I want to put out there so that they are not rotting inside me. The minute I start feeling something I should say it out, else it boils in my head and it only gets worse...anyways, twitter here I come.

One thing about Twitter, I should have a say on who is following me. I think. There are some people about whom I would care less and definitely not want them to know what I am upto and what is really on my mind. I wish I could moderate it when they ask me to permit them rather than going back and deleting them off. Something like facebook or orkut.

Anyway, not a lot happening in life either to write about. Allergies are killing me, because it is that time of the year yet again. As much as I am eagerly waiting for spring to go and summer to come, I am also afraid of the 100+ temps we will be hitting soon. I think I should just move to a place where the weather will be consistent. Not too cold or not too hot, just perfect so that me and my kiddo can go out and play in the warm sun and relax in the shades of our house...

Right now, everytime she asks for me to take her out, all I reminded of is the dreaded pollen lurking outside. Already all three of us are congested that we cannot breathe normally and I just dont want it to get worse. But my little one brings her stroller to me, sits on it and then tells me, "amma Ba..." Ba for bahar as in outside. And I feel really bad to tell her, "No jaanu, it is very bad outside."

Anyway, daughter is speaking a lot, can call out people's name, including ours, can talk a lot, some of which we understand and most of which she is frustrated that we do not understand. But we are communicating at a better level than her crying and me wondering "Now what?!!"

She also runs errands for us. Like G asks her to go and get her the remote, then my little soldier gets on the mission very seriously, looking and hunting down the remote till she finds it and hands it to her father. By chance I am holding the remote then she comes up to me and demands, "gimme Remo papa." Which loosely translates to "Give me the remote papa needs it.

Her father's face brings the biggest smile on her face. I always feel bad that she loves him more than she does me, but then on the one odd day that I drop her off at the baby sitters, she cries and clings to me. As much as I feel bad about it, it restores my feeling that Babs really loves both of us and equally. The reason I say so is due to the fact that Babs never cries when G drops her off :) Score Amma...

Each and every day my love for her doubles. I can now see why parents are so proud of their offsprings. The first time she told me "I Wuuv U," I was overwhlemed with emotion. I ran to tell it to G and made the essential phone calls and also bugged all my friends about that story. And also the first time she put her jigsaw puzzle together I was so proud. I am so happy to see her grow and once again my only fear is that I should raise her right, for which of course we have to wait for the future to see...

Anyways, when I started writing this post I did not think of making it a Amma Anu Post. But now it has become one. So to write other non-Amma stuff I will pen down a new post soon.

'Till then
xoxo
ART

4 comments:

Chitra said...

OMG...How cute was this Post....:) :)..U shud post more of Babb's wittle words...Its just soo cute!!

Suchi said...

I know. Very cute post. We "wuuv" reading them too....so post more often.

Anu Russell said...

thank you darlings...i will definitely write a lot more about babs...

wuvv u all too :)

Prasanthi Neeladaran said...

Looks like I lost track of u - lots to read...cute post - easp abt Babs:)

TC