Pages

Monday, May 15, 2006

Driving in Chennai - Accident - V

This one is funny...Hehehe...Ya really funny...I am sure my brother remembers this too...My mom, my brother, my friend and I were all going to Mambalam for some reason (Don't remember what) and we were taking the Mambalam subway (the real narrow small subway...) towards Mambalam...We were waiting at the top of the subway at an angle for the cop to show us the signal...We are waiting waiting and waiting so patiently when suddenly we hear a *thud*

An auto driver (as usual) hit on the back of our car. Guess he prefers to stop by crashing into other vehicles rather than applying brake the conventional way...The very minute we got the signal and the auto driver wiggled his way out and started to take off...

I was mad and I was sitting in the back...I got out of the car ran to look at the back...Saw the small bump...and got even madder. I yelled from the bottom of my stomach movie ishtyle, "DDdddaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii." To which the auto driver stopped and poked his head out and asked in the most scariest way, "Enna?"

I immediately told him, "Sorry anna, neenga ponga," (Sorry brother, you go ahead) and ran and got into my car as fast as I could...Everyone burst out laughing. My brother was like, first you hold up traffic, then you yell like a rowdy at an auto driver, then you chicken out and come in..."Idhu thevaya?" (Do you need this?)...heheheh...

Ya I guess I needed it...But sadly I never learnt the lesson...For the rest of the few years I drove in Chennai I drove around abusing anyone who caused the least bit of inconvenience to my driving...One autodriver even asked me, "A girl? and abusing like this? What has Chennai come to??" and I told him, "If auto drivers drove nicely then girls like me would have no need to abuse..."

2 comments:

Trevor Penn said...

hehehehe... chicken little :P

Mukund said...

dropped in here by accident and had a really good laugh reading this :)