Pages

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Since I said that I also want to say this...

That I am not a fan of Mani Ratnam either...and you wonder why? Especially since he is from my very own Chennai? Plus, I have actually seen all his movies but for the first two which were released in Kanada and Malyalam? Well, well, well...I still don't like him...

Once again let me list it out:
  • He is highly over rated.
  • All his movies are broodingly dark.
  • They all have annoying kids screaming their heads out and they are smart beyond their years...
  • The dialogues are always a max of three words long...which does not make them dialogues anyway...because dialogues should have continuity and content and not be broken like his are...
  • As an example for the above...his dialogues (in Tamil) are always like...enga?(where?), eppo? (when?), edhuku? (why?), yaaru? (who?), eppadi? (how?)....and all those are all one word dialogues in his movies...very annoying if in the entire movie they speak only those words over and over again!
  • Roja and Bombay got to his head...after that he has not made one successful movie...I think he thinks that he is so good that people will watch any crap he dishes out on his lens...let me see...Thiruda Thiruda, Iruvar, Dil Se, Kannathil Muthamittal, Ayutha Ezhuthu, Guru, etc all flops except for Alaipayuthe...(Guru might be a hit...commercially...but it was nail pulling experience for me...)
  • He uses Indian epics to churn out stories...for example...Dalapathi (starring Rajni and Mamooty) is a classic ad verbatim copy of the story of Karna and Arjuna from Mahabaratha...
  • None of his cross-over movies so far are hits...Guru especially sucked with him obviously sucking up to the annoying Bachchan family...
  • He is married to Suhasini who has the most annoying smile/laugh and thinks that she is gods gift to female directors (just like her husband, Mani, thinks he is gods gift to male directors) and makes one crappy movie after another.
  • He is highly over-rated...I know I said it above...but I want to reiterate my point...
Nanda...ippo enna pannuve? (what will you do now?) You the biggest Mani fan and all that...here...I have told it openly in my blog I don't like him...I know what your reaction will be..."everybody has their opinion." But Machan...that guy sucks da...sorry...avan thollai thanga mudiyadhu (can't bear his torture)...

For others...Peaceout!

Love
ART

No comments: